Mission 2012: Germany 1:2 Italy - 28.06.12
Vielen dank jungs für diese tolle EM. Wir können Stolz auf euch. Du bist für immer in mein Herz, und ich liebe dich. Mein Herz schlägt Schwarz, Rot, und Gold.
Danke, Deutschland. You have come back as heroes.
There is a very sad atmosphere. Some guys are crying and you can only tell them that they have to keep their heads up. It was one of my bitterest moments, but the hurdle posed by Italy was too high today. We couldn’t play to our potential; maybe we showed them too much respect.
For me there won’t be many European Cups or World Cups in the future. That’s why I’m as disappointed as the rest. It’s hard to decide now, but I can imagine playing on for two more years to make amends for today in 2014.
thank you. just thank you.
we all know you didn’t deserve to loose, we also know we were the best team in this euro.
but that’s how life are. you win some, you loose some.
don’t forget we were the youngest, and maybe it affected.
all of you played perfect. ignore from all of the criticize.
you were great, and don’t worry, your time will come.
two years from now we have the world cup, in the two years till then you’ll get better and better, the younger players will be ready and stress less, the older will remain perfect as they are.
maybe we haven’t won the title, but we won something better then this -
we won each other’s love.
we’re the only team who bond this much in only one month.
we’re not just regular national team, we’re german family.
maybe in the league we’re enemy’s but when we need each other we leave our ego behind and connecting for the target. and eventually it will pay of.
chin up you guys,
and please don’t forget - we love you no matter what.
- Guys,thank you for a great tournament. Thank you for not losing in the group of death.Thank you for a game full of goals.Thank you for anything you did.And yes, vyou’re coming home as heroes, ’cause you were the heroes before the tournament too.
- Thanks to our little Kapitän Philipp Lahm for everything he did and for the amazing goal he scored.
- Thanks to our minister of defence, Mats Hummels, for playing a great tournament and being maybe the best player in our team, but that’s very, very hard to choose. Zinedine Zidane didn’t praised him for nothing.
- Thanks to our emotional leader and the greatest midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger for everything he did (and survived), even with his injured ankle.
- Thanks to Mesut Özil, the best playmaker in the world for everything he showed and for hunting down the fear into bones to every german rival.
- Thanks to Mario Gomez for playing the season of his life and proving that he is one of the best strikers in the Europe and the whole world. And yes, thanks for three wonderful goals on tournament.
- Thanks to Miro Klose for proving that years are not important and that he’s still one of the best strikers in the world.
- Thanks to Lukas Podolski and Sami Khedira for wonderful goals in Poldi’s 100th game and for keep pushing up.
- Thanks to Manuel Neuer for showing firstable how great man he is and than how he’s always there to help his team.
- Thanks to Jerome Boateng for sucesfull keeping of the great players such is Cristiano Ronaldo and donig that one move, that 99% of players won’t do ever.
- Thanks to Thomas Müller for everything he did on tournament and season (especially that goal against Chelsea).P.S. Tommy, don’t cry. You’re young and a great carrier is in front of you.
- And thanks to Marco Reus, Andre Schürle and Lars Bender for giving everything on court and for scoring super goals. You proved that german football has a bright future.
You ARE the best team,even when you didn’t get the title. Everyone know that you deserved it. AUF GEHT’S DEUTSCHLAND!!! <3
The German King
was leaving his heart on the field during the last minutes, when the second goal of Germany was about to happen and the time wasn’t even OVER and the WHOLE Italian bench was screaming to the referee to blow the whistle? DID THEY GOT SCARED OR…
But we can appreciate what Manuel fucking Neuer did in this game?
You’re my hero. And I have nothing else to add.